Picture day is coming! On Friday, September 22, all students will have their picture taken. If you would like to order copies of the picture, you may order using the form sent home 9/15 or go to mylifetouch.com and use Picture Day ID BN207327Q0
Late order forms will not be accepted, but online orders may be placed by 9/23 to receive pictures with the school order.
Quick access to all of our parent information videos. These links will take you to the grade level web page, and the link is under the teacher contact information.
Click Here for Traffic Flow Map
We have worked closely with the Public Works Department, Lincoln Police Department, and Lincoln Public Schools Security and Transportation to create a comprehensive arrival and dismissal plan to ensure safety for all students and their families as we return to our renovated building this year.
Procedures for Arrival, Dismissal, and Visitor Parking
- Students may arrive at school between 8:45 A.M. until 9:00 A.M. Students can enter the building at 8:45 A.M. Students will sit either in the gym or front lobby before being dismissed to classrooms at 8:55 A.M.
- Students may arrive at school between 8:30 and 8:35 A.M. if they are eating breakfast
- We will continue to have two lanes of traffic for drop-off and pick-up on Rockwood Lane. Please do not pull around the two lanes of traffic, as there is not a third lane for dropping off or picking up students
- Staff members will be outside directing traffic. Please watch for their directions during morning and afternoon drop-off/pick-up times
- Vehicles should not be parked or left unattended in the drop-off/pick-up zone on Rockwood Lane.
- School will dismiss at 3:38 P.M. (except for the first two days of school and PLC Early Release days 2:18 P.M. dismissal). First through fifth grades will exit through the doors closest to their grade level pods. Kindergarten students will exit through the front doors.
- We will load students into cars in the designated pick-up zone, curb-side only, once the vehicle has reached the lane along the sidewalk
- Please do not park or stop in the no stopping area near our crosswalks. This is a safety concern for our students and drivers
- Please respect our neighbors. Do not use their driveways as a place to turn around during arrival or dismissal
- If you need to come into the building during arrival or dismissal time, please park away from our designated pick-up and drop-off areas
- Parking during school hours is available in our parking lot or in front of the building
Additional arrival and dismissal information can be found in our 2017-2018 handbook. You can access our handbook on our school website: http://wp.lps.org/humann/.
Betsy is here today! As most of you may know, Schyler Lindekugel-Sullivan our School Social Worker has a certified therapy dog that works at our school. Betsy, who is a Collie and Great Pyrenees mix, is owned by Schyler. She is certified as a pet therapy dog through the local chapter of Domesti-Pups. Betsy has a year of experience in the schools, and she has become another member of our Humann community.
Betsy may be used as positive behavior support, a strategy to foster student achievement, or for students who are struggling with other social emotional challenges. Betsy is full of unconditional love and is willing to share it.
Betsy will be at Humann on Wednesdays. There will be a sign placed on the door of her office (Room 106) stating there is a live, working animal inside.
When in the building, Betsy is working. She will be wearing either a vest or a bandana that denotes that she is a therapy dog. There will be certain areas that Betsy is not permitted to be in, one of which is the MPR during lunch. The Health Office will notify teachers if there are any students who may be allergic to or not comfortable around dogs. Betsy will not be permitted in any classrooms of student’s who may be allergic or may also have a fear of dogs.
Please let us know if you have any concerns you would like us to know about your child related to Betsy. Thank you!