We have worked closely with the Public Works Department, Lincoln Police Department, and Lincoln Public Schools Security and Transportation to create a comprehensive arrival and dismissal plan to ensure safety for all students and their families as we return to our renovated building this year.
Procedures for Arrival, Dismissal, and Visitor Parking
- Students may arrive at school between 8:45 A.M. until 9:00 A.M. Students can enter the building at 8:45 A.M. Students will sit either in the gym or front lobby before being dismissed to classrooms at 8:55 A.M.
- Students may arrive at school between 8:30 and 8:35 A.M. if they are eating breakfast
- We will continue to have two lanes of traffic for drop-off and pick-up on Rockwood Lane. Please do not pull around the two lanes of traffic, as there is not a third lane for dropping off or picking up students
- Staff members will be outside directing traffic. Please watch for their directions during morning and afternoon drop-off/pick-up times
- Vehicles should not be parked or left unattended in the drop-off/pick-up zone on Rockwood Lane.
- School will dismiss at 3:38 P.M. (except for the first two days of school and PLC Early Release days 2:18 P.M. dismissal). First through fifth grades will exit through the doors closest to their grade level pods. Kindergarten students will exit through the front doors.
- We will load students into cars in the designated pick-up zone, curb-side only, once the vehicle has reached the lane along the sidewalk
- Please do not park or stop in the no stopping area near our crosswalks. This is a safety concern for our students and drivers
- Please respect our neighbors. Do not use their driveways as a place to turn around during arrival or dismissal
- If you need to come into the building during arrival or dismissal time, please park away from our designated pick-up and drop-off areas
- Parking during school hours is available in our parking lot or in front of the building
Additional arrival and dismissal information can be found in our 2017-2018 handbook. You can access our handbook on our school website: http://wp.lps.org/humann/.